How to choose the right life partner
Selecting the right life partner is necessary to lead a happy married life. Here’s how you can select your perfect one
There are many factors that one needs to consider when choosing a life partner. The most important aspect is to consider things that are crucial to you
1. People will tell you exactly who they are; it’s up to you to listen. If someone says they’re usually in a bad mood or don’t know how to be monogamous, hear what they are saying and don’t think you can change them.
2. Look for someone who is kind and loving. If you’re really lucky, your partner will also have a family who taught him or her how to be that way. Having in-laws whotreat you like a member of the family will make your life much nicer.
3. Make sure the person you’re seeing doesn’t smoke, even if you do. If he or she is a nonsmoker, it may get you to stop. Think of it this way: you’re choosing happiness over death.
4. Find someone you can talk to. As time passes, this quality is more important than looks, money, or position. If you can’t talk to your partner or cry on his or her shoulder, it’s not going to be a good match.
5. Make sure you have the basics in common. For example, if one of you wants children and the other doesn’t, it’s a deal breaker. Spiritual and political differences can also be difficult to deal with. As we age, our feelings in these areas tend to intensify.
6. Make sure that you have enough differences that, if you are unable to go out, you can still entertain each other. If someone is just like you, it might get a little boring as time goes by.
7. Beware of people who want to get married immediately. Engagements were created for a reason. They used to call them “handfasts,” and they lasted for a year and a day. Things move much quicker these days, but it’s wise to know someone for at least six months before getting engaged.
8. Find someone who makes you laugh. A sense of humor can help you overcome many of life’s obstacles. If someone can make you smile when you don’t feel like it, that’s a great quality.
9.It’s okay to have standards. While choosing a life partner, you need to consider your and your family’s standards. Though it’s okay to choose someone who probably does not belong to the same strata of society as yours, make sure that he/she’s not completely off the mark.
10. Is your potential trustworthy. In this day and age, it is extremely important to choose someone you can trust. You definitely cannot lead a happy marriage if you cannot trust each other or have faith.